Monday 9 August 2010

Some more (not so good) info on price rises.

I just got some more details of the price rises we heard about last week. One of our suppliers sent us this....
Brand %Increase/Decrease Product Reason
HP 3.5% Increase Laser Supplies Exchange Variations

Lexmark Increase between 4% All (Laser and Exchange Variations
and 11.7% Ink Cartridges)

Sagemcom 10% Increase as of All (Laser and Exchange Variations
1st September Ink Cartridges)

Epson The following changes came into effect on 1st August
* Individual ink cartridges will increase by up to 3%
* Multipacks increase by up t0 15%
* Laser increase by up to 3%

Now doesn't that make for cheery reading? I think I am just the same as you in thinking I hate that the prices go up so much. We do try to absorb as many of the market fluctuations but it isn't always possible. We buy ink every day and there are minor prices changes every day. John does all the purchasing as he is a born haggler, even down to the last 2p! I sometimes feel like I have to leave the office as he wears down the opposition and plays seven different suppliers off against each other, he loves it!
On the plus side we are changing the shop around (Ben is multi tasking this week!), we have big changes in store, I will tell you more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment